Are You A Blessed Spouse?


Our Unity in Marriage course is getting an update! I am excited to share with you a new at-a-glance chart that will now be the backbone of the course.This unique tool is going to assist you significantly. Whether you are a counselor or a couple, this chart will help you in digesting and applying the vital biblical concepts and assignments that the Lord has used to transform lives and relationships at the center for years. There are even hyperlinks on the chart to dozens of marriage counseling assignments. The chart starts with nine challenging affirmations that embody nine learner goals covered in the course and marriage counseling. These challenge statements emerge after many years of personal experience in biblical marriage counseling, training and the study of Gods a Word. I think of them as nine biblical heart-attitudes or heart-conditions of a blessed spouse. Are you a blessed spouse? THE HEART CONDITION OF A BLESSED SPOUSE
  1. “I desire to learn to deal with my spouse’s sin the way God deals with mine?”
  2. “I desire God to reveal more deeply my need for change - believing my sinfulness (i.e., remaining pride and selfishness) is my greatest problem?”
  3. “I desire to use specific biblical beliefs about God to motivate a greater sincere, unconditional love toward my spouse.”
  4. “I desire God to use my ears and mouth as tools of the Spirit in the life of my spouse?”
  5. “I desire others see how much Christ loves the church and how much respect Christ deserves by observing how I treat my spouse?”
  6. “I desire to remain faithful to the vows I made before God to keep my spouse the priority relationship of my heart and life?”
  7. “I desire to put off laziness, distraction, and independence, in order to work as a team on the good works God has called my marriage to accomplish?”
  8. “I desire to respond to the personality and perspective differences of my spouse as blessings to complete me, not compete with me.”
  9. “I desire to use romance and sexual pleasure as gifts from God to strengthen and bless my spouse?”
A spouse that is progressing in these nine heart-attitudes reveals God has blessed them. This is not first because of the kind of spouse they have, but because of what kind of person they are becoming. 1 Peter 3:10-12 affirms that this is what it means to be a blessed person. 

Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech. They must turn from evil and do good; they must seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil. (1 Peter 3:10-12)

If you are struggling to be a blessed spouse, join the course today. The Spirit through the Word will show you that the most significant way you can be blessed is to let him persuade you to progress in these nine heart-conditions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MARRIAGE CHECKUP - Avoid Five Common Steps to the Destruction of Marriage

Loving by Faith, Not by Sight by Tim Bryant

Seven Questions Before Addressing an Offense