Questions to Ask Your Spouse

Take time each week to have a date night. With part of this time ask each other 4 or more of the following questions. Share back with your spouse what they have answered so that you will better remember and so that your spouse will feel better heard.  Enjoy this time discovering one another in deeper ways through communication.  You are encouraged to close the time of question with prayer for each other.    

1.     What are your 3 favorite foods with the most favorite first?  Why?
2.     What are your 3 favorite activities (recreations, hobbies, etc.) with the most favorite as first? 
3.     What are your 5 favorite recreations with the most favorite first?
4.     What gifts have you received that you like most?  Why?
5.     What is your favorite book or verse(s) of the Bible?  Why?
6.     What is the most fulfilling accomplishment the Lord has allowed you in your life? Why?
7.     How much sleep do you need?
8.     What are 3 special abilities or talents do you think the Lord has given me?
9.     What are 3 things you wish you could change about yourself personality or ability or physically?
10.  What things around the house need fixing?
11.  What do you find most challenging about your job throughout the day?  What do you find most fulfilling about your job?
12.  What 3 or more things do you think make up a perfect marriage?
13.  What 3 or more weekly relational activities do you think keep a marriage vibrant?
14.  How do you think we can keep God more central in our relationship?
15.  What weekly routines can we do that will help us in this pursuit?
16.  With what chores and responsibilities would you like my help?
17.  What ways do you like to be shown love most (pick one or more): touch, acts of service, more time together, words of affirmation and affection, gifts, being better at communication with each other? Explain how exactly I can do better on this.
18.  What caresses do you enjoy the most? Least?
19.  At what times do you feel you need assurance of my love the most?
20.  How can that love be shown?
21.  What can I do that will make it easier to discuss and work on areas or problems that are uncomfortable to you?
22.  What concerns do you have that I do not seem interested in?
23.  What desires do you have that we haven’t discussed?
24.  What do you enjoy doing with me, with the most enjoyable as first?
25.  What things can I do that show my appreciation of you?
26.  What varying desires (spiritual, physical, intellectual, social, appreciation, recreational, protection, etc.) would you like me to provide?
27.  In what ways would you like me to protect you (physically, spiritually, socially)?
28.  In what ways would you like me to sacrifice for you?
29.  What things are first in my life?  As you look at me what do you see, not what I am.
30.  What implied or unspoken desires and wishes of yours would you like for me to fulfill?
31.  What concerns and interests of yours would you like me to support?
32.  How much time would be good for us to spend together each day?
33.  In helping family members to use their skills and develop their abilities, what motivating factors would be helpful for me to use?
34.  What can I do that provides the greatest comfort and encouragement for you when you are hurt, fearful, anxious or worried?
35.  What personal habits do I have that you would like changed?

36.  What ways demonstrate to you that you are a very important person who is as important or more important than I am?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MARRIAGE CHECKUP - Avoid Five Common Steps to the Destruction of Marriage

Seven Questions Before Addressing an Offense

Sin Against God Precedes Sin Against Others